|Drama: Çalıkuşu (Lovebird)| |An overview by Quratulain|


Drama: Çalıkuşu (Lovebird)
Review by: Quratulain 
Genre: Romance 


Hi people, I am here to do a favor to you, if you like the dramas from romantic genre, go watch Çalıkuşu, in English Lovebird. Seriously, go now! And thank me later.
The protagonist of this drama is a school girl who goes to the boarding school in 20th century, in the era where nobody thinks about sending girls to school. And this fact, gives you all the information you need to know about this protagonist. She does everything, a young lady of that era is not supposed to do. She is the protagonist from the 20th century. You being the 21st century girl can fall in love to her immediately and believe me in her practice, she was a better feminist than many of this century girls in love. 

Feride & Kamran

I am taking too much time talking about our female protagonist, Feride. I know but that’s how lovely this character is. You can’t help yourself but to fall in love with her. Ok, now switching to Kamran, aka the Hero. He is almost everything, young ladies, be that of 20th century or 21st wants in her hero. I mean the better half. He is brave who will cross any desert to be with you. Who calls you; I mean Feride, hayat neşesi, the joy of my life and hayatımın aşkı, the love of my life and will jump in any river of fire to prove it. Sounds way too good to be true right? Well, this kind of man is too good to be alone, and he knows it and cashes it as well. I will not spoil the drama for you telling you more than this.

An Overview

This drama is based in the era end of Ottoman Empire; there are words about war in Anatolia. Feride is an orphan girl, Kamran’s cousin who came to their mansion after her mom’s demise and as his father is a solder preparing for war so she is left in boarding school. As she visits the mansion in her winters, her and Kamran’s love gradually develops. This is the drama where you can see the characters going through the journey of love with bravery, courage and heartbreak with the intensity of emotions. I have found this drama unique. This drama is a journey of Feride being a naïve school girl to mature, strong and independent woman. It is a journey of Kamran being a young, flirty boy to the committed and dedicated handsome doctor. 
The story is inspired by the novel written by Reşat Nuri Güntekin. Acting and direction is marvelous. You can also see the dressing code of the people of that era, the carriages they are riding, and how “Log kia khein ge” was a big thing even back then. On a side not, I absolutely loved Feride’s skirts and handsome looks of Kamran. 
I am looking forward to your own personal reviews on this drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

|Drama Review by Qursam Fatima||Kahin Deep Jalay|| An overview of 11 episodes|

|Jo Tu Chahay| |An Overview of 17 episodes| |Review by Qursam Fatima|

|News Review by Quratulain| |Student Union|